2018 fourth quarter key deadlines for businesses and employers
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the 2018 fourth quarter. As a matter of fact, you can view the entire 2018 calendar by going to: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p509. In any event, it is important to keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Also if you have questions, contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2018 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 13.”)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
More from GLR
If you are traveling for business purposes we can help. With this in mind, head over to http://glrcpa.com/business-deductions-for-meal-vehicle-and-travel-expenses-document-document-document/ and learn more about document expenses while traveling for work, and how it can help with your taxes.